April 24 – May 1
- All on-campus students must meet with an advisor prior to preregistering; advising should be completed by Friday, April 28.
- Preregister for four courses; there are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags at this point.
- If you preregister for a limited enrollment course, think about an alternative in case you are later dropped from the course.
- If you preregister for a multi-sectioned course (including labs or conferences) you may later be assigned to a different section of the course.
- Registration is closed from Thursday, May 4 through mid-August.
by July 5
- First-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning Tuesday, June 27—at this point upperclass students can see if their preregistration choices have overenrolled (closed).
- Departments review preregistration demand; some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed, or extra sections added for high demand courses.
- Students are notified by email of any course cancellations or meeting time changes.
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced by Wednesday, July 5.
July 5 – August 7
Course Enrollments Review
- Instructors with overenrolled courses review class lists and select students.
- Any students dropped from overenrolled courses are notified by email.
August 8 – August 20
- Tuesday, August 8 - Monday, August 14: Registration is open only to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses (this does not include being moved to another section in a multi-sectioned course); students receive an email reminder prior to these dates.
- Tuesday, August 15 - Sunday, August 20: Registration is open to all students; students not in the group above will receive an email reminder prior to these dates.
- Students should consider their enrollment in courses secure at this point; any exceptions will be noted in emails sent prior to the re-opening of registration.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
August 21 – September 4
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced again.
- Administrative holds for drop/add are set.
September 5 – September 15
- Check PeopleSoft for holds before drop/add opens and resolve any holds as early as possible.
- Check your schedule in PeopleSoft—if you enrolled in a multi-sectioned course, you may be assigned to a different section.
- First-class meetings will be: Thursday 9/6, Thursday evening 9/6 (organizational meetings for courses not meeting Thursday or Friday), and Friday 9/7.
- After first class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Always check with the instructor if you are adding a class after the first meeting.
- You may add a fifth extra graded course.
Preregistration for Spring begins.