Here you will find information about the duties and membership of the Committee on Educational Affairs (CEA).
Due January 31: Major Revisions
We need to know which courses will be removed from your department’s list of offered courses.
- Indicate the status of each course on your department’s Google spreadsheet.
- Per accreditation rules, courses not offered two or more years will be removed from the catalog, unless special circumstances dictate otherwise.
- Some interdisciplinary listings will not have not have a spreadsheet.
Curricular Revisions Report
Please prepare your department’s annual Curricular Revisions Report (fka Course Package) for the Committee on Educational Affairs (CEA). All significant changes to your department's curriculum should be included in this report.
You received links to your department’s spreadsheet and document in an email. If you need this information again, contact Amanda Turner.
Email Amanda Turner by January 31 and let her know your 2018-2019 status spreadsheet and report are complete—be sure to save copies of both the spreadsheet and document for your records.
New/Substantially Revised/Previously Discontinued Courses
Courses that need to be submitted via the online Course form and reviewed by the CEA:
- Substantially revised
- Previously discontinued
All faculty should review the Course Description Checklist prior to submitting a course to ensure submissions are complete and adhere to established guidelines.
Course form submissions will automatically be forwarded to the department chair and administrative assistant.
Due February 15: Minor Revisions
Any changes in the catalog copy that do not require CEA/Faculty approval (this includes your department/program “masthead” and your course listings).
- Make changes directly to the Google doc you received.
- There is no need to review courses that are “Secondary Cross-listings” in your department or program, other than confirmation that those cross-listings have been approved.
Email Angela Copeland by February 15 and let her know your catalog copy edits are complete—be sure to save a copy for your records.
Due February 23: Class Hours
Please refer to the email from the Registrar’s Office with the subject line “Class Hour Requests 2018-19” for more information.
Formerly known as Course Package, the annual reports are now referred to as Curricular Revisions.