October 30 – November 6
- There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags on courses at this point.
- Faculty can check the progress of enrollments and class rosters using the PeopleSoft Faculty Center.
November 7 – November 13
- Department chairs review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed, or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced (first pass).
November 13 – December 11
- Enrollment caps are set on courses at this point.
- Instructors with overenrolled courses receive class lists from the Registrar’s Office for review and selection of students; review of overenrolled courses must be completed by 12/14. Any students dropped from overenrolled courses are notified by email. Except for placement or prerequisite issues, it is not appropriate to drop students from courses after this point.
- Instructor consent flags are set on overenrolled courses when students are dropped.
- Department chairs or individual instructors may request an instructor consent flag on other courses, where it seems appropriate.
January 5 – January 17
- Registration opens to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses on 1/5; registration opens to all students on 1/12.
- Prior to re-opening registration, students receive an email indicating their current enrollment is secure. No further drops may be made by instructors, except for placement or prerequisite issues.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set. Students may contact instructors with closed or instructor consent courses asking to be placed on waitlists.
January 18 – January 28
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced (second pass).
- Lab and conference enrollment caps are set where needed to control balance; virtual sections are created.
January 29 – February 9
- Students may make registration changes within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Students contact instructors with closed or instructor consent courses for permission to add courses.
- Students have the option of adding a fifth extra graded course.
- First class meetings are on 1/31 or 2/2; organizational meetings will be on Wednesday evening, 1/31 for classes that do not normally meet Thursday or Friday.
- After first class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not; students should contact instructors for permission adding a class after the first class meeting.
Preregistration for Fall begins.