April 24 – May 1
- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors preregister in PeopleSoft.
- Preregistration advising for on-campus students should be completed by Friday, April 28.
- There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags on courses at this point.
- Faculty can check the progress of enrollments and class rosters using the PeopleSoft Faculty Center.
May 2 – July 5
- First-year advising should be completed before Monday, June 19.
- Incoming first-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning Tuesday, June 27.
- Department chairs review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed, or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced (first pass).
July 5 – July 31
Course Enrollments Review
- Registration closes to all students.
- Enrollment caps are set on courses at this point.
- Instructors with overenrolled courses receive class lists from the Registrar’s Office for review and selection of students; review of overenrolled courses must be completed by Monday, July 31. Any students dropped from overenrolled courses are notified by email. Except for placement or prerequisite issues, it is not appropriate to drop students from courses after this point.
- Instructor consent flags are set on overenrolled courses when students are dropped.
- Department chairs or individual instructors may request an instructor consent flag on other courses, where it seems appropriate.
August 8 – August 20
- Registration opens to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses, as well as new first-year and transfer students on Wednesday, August 8; registration opens to all students on Wednesday, August 15.
- Prior to re-opening registration, students receive an email indicating their current enrollment is secure. No further drops may be made by instructors, except for placement or prerequisite issues.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set. Students may contact instructors with closed or instructor consent courses asking to be placed on waitlists.
August 21 – September 4
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced (second pass).
- Lab and conference enrollment caps are set where needed to control balance; virtual sections are created.
September 5 – September 15
- Students may make registration changes within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Students contact instructors with closed or instructor consent courses for permission to add courses.
- Students have the option of adding a fifth extra graded course.
- First class meetings are on Thursday, 9/7, Thursday evening 9/7, (organizational meetings for classes that do not normally meet Thursday or Friday) and Friday, 9/8.
- After first class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Students should contact instructors for permission if adding a class after the first meeting.
Preregistration for Spring begins.