Take the quiz!
Keep in mind—what is the best educational approach to pursing your specific interests and goals?
1. Are any of these plans an option?
- two majors
- major + concentration
- major + coordinate program
- major + courses of special interest
A Contract Major may not be the best choice to achieve your goals—talk to different departments about what they currently offer.
You should consider a Contract Major!
2. Are you in good academic standing with the college? Are you highly motivated? Can you work independently?
It sounds like you have what it takes to pursue a Contract Major!
Approval of a Contract Major is contingent upon a student's academic record, the coherence and feasibility of the plan of study, and endorsements from faculty.
3. Have you identified at least two full-time faculty-in-residence who specialize in your areas of interest?
Great! The next step is obtaining official support from these faculty if you decide to pursue a Contract Major.
Having the support of two faculty members is required—you may want to talk to individual faculty to better understand the variety of specialization that exists on campus.
Still unsure if a Contract Major is a good fit? Contact Amanda Turner, Contract Major Advisor.